Random Pictures IV

Sometimes we reach points in the road that have been washed away by the rains. It's a total bummer.  
There is an active chess scene in Kitgum. There is a popular bar that has two chess boards (we have our own as well) and people line up on the weekends to get a piece of action. The presence of chess in Kitgum is possibly the most unbelievable part of my entire experience here. 

Action at a soda warehouse. I wish I could have gotten more of the warehouse in the frame as the towers of soda extend far in each direction.

This termite mound is MASSIVE. 

If you click on the picture you can see the sign in the background that says "Avoid Child Sacrifice". This sign is at the school and I think it defines the phrase "preaching to the choir". 

A cold child coming back from farm. 

The goat on the left has some serious goat dreadlocks. I didn't know this was even possible. 

Check out this awesome bug. It was very small (sorry I didn’t provide something for scale) and the outside was soft to the touch. It reminded me of velvet. And when the bug was alarmed, by say, me touching his velvety exterior, it would retract it’s head and legs inside, kind of like a turtle. 

I had to give a speech to these kids for malaria day. They told me there would be "a bunch of kids", which was an understatement. If I was afraid of public speaking, I probably would have fainted. 

Comments

Popular Posts